Thursday, October 18, 2012

Poisons and Potions

CTM Stacy here with another look at the wonderful Halloween kit that Ramona recently released, Poisons and Potions.


This kit is jammed packed with spooky, creepy elements to make great Halloween layouts...but it also has enough non-themed pieces that you could use it for just about any layout! And if this full-sized kit with a fabulous alpha wasn't enough, there are coordinating pieces as well!

  
Here's my first LO with this kit...I went for the traditional Halloween layout of my son in his homemade bat costume. I used the paint splatter with the bats and the black alpha and a couple of the tags, too!

Then I read Ramona's post about this being a good kit to do a Harry Potter layout with...and I thought, duh!!! We read and watched all the books and movies this summer and it was such a fun part of our lives that I really wanted to do a layout about it, even though I didn't have any pictures. So I used one of Ramona's templates from her Say It collection to make this layout. Don't you just love all those potion bottles, I'm sure one of them is a love potion!

Finally, I decided to use the kit to make a couple of fun Halloween-ish candle wrappers. I don't have much in the way of Halloween decor because it's just not a favorite holiday of mine. But I think my candles turned out great, with just the right amount of color and texture, but not too overdone.



Do you have this fabulous kit in your stash?  If you don't have it yet, you can grab it here at Ramona's ScrapMatters store.  Happy Scrappin'!

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Stacy, those candles are amazing! And I love your Harry Potter layout! Thank you for sharing!