Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 8

Hi there,

Stefanie (Eyeore) bringing you today's post.
I live in Cape Town, South Africa, which has summer this time of year so  I wanted to show off the versatility of Ramona's January freebie kit with photos of my 2nd cousin playing in my Mother's garden with a tub of water.
Yes, I used a snowy, frosty kit to create a layout about keeping cool.

My photos had a slight blue undertone, so I warmed them with a warming action from Pioneer woman and I chose the yellows and reds from the kit as my main colour scheme.
The touches of green are a nod to the green in the back ground of the photos and the pops of blue create my visual triangle as well as pick up the colours of the tub and the water.
There really is so much in the kit that is versatile if you just think outside of the box a little.
Give it a try and play along.
Template is available at BrownieScraps and is called, Summer Days v1 by Scrap-n-a-Snap.


Today's Freebie:

**Link has expired

5 comments:

mammafishy said...

How cool to see the word January with summer pictures Stefanie! Loved the layout!! Thanks for todays dl!

Arlene said...

Oh wow Stefanie! I love your layout and those photos are wonderful. What a cutie. So nice to see summery pics while we are surrounded by ice and snow. Thanks for today's gift.

Arlene said...

PS: I love the discretion you used with the photo crops and placement of your cluster. Classy and wise.

Trine Secher said...

This was spooky....
When I saw the wonderful layout with your 2nd cousin, I had to look closely to be sure that it wasn't my niece. They look SO much alike. If you don't believe me, you can go to my layout gallery and scroll a bit, and you'll see - http://nothingbutfreebies.blogspot.dk/p/gallery.html .
Oh, I must remember to thank you for the January freebies it's one of my daily highlights to check out what you have for us. And the same goes for the December series. THANK YOU!

Crystalnva said...

THANK YOU ;~}