Monday, December 5, 2011

Newlywed Christmas

I know I talked a little about my first Christmas married to my sweetheart, the other day, but I wanted to talk a little more!  I think that in many ways, Christmas changed that year as we created our own traditions and began spending this special day together!

I still laugh because our very first fight as a newly married couple, was a week after our wedding, when we were on our way to pick out our first tree!  I don't even remember what we fought about.  It wasn't anything major and our fight wasn't big, just enough to fit under that "first" category!

I also learned that when one gets married just before Christmas, you get a lot of decorations as Christmas gifts.  For better or worse, we had lots of Christmas dish clothes and towels and other wedding stuff--just Christmas-y!

It was exciting, that first year, to talk about our plans for the future, what Christmas would be like with children and what traditions we would start.  We both came from different backgrounds with different priorities and it was a work of combining and creating new ideas!

And here we are--16 years later!

We had a fun weekend away!  We didn't travel far, just up to Salt Lake City (About 45 minutes away) and stayed in a hotel right next to their big outdoor mall.  We were able to eat at a few fun restaurants and finish up our Christmas shopping.  It was nice to shop for the kids without worrying about anyone overhearing or interupting us!  We also watched quite a bit of football!  I read and napped too, as the football was going on.  I do like football, so I didn't mind, but I'm not quite as into it as my hubby is!

The kids had a lot of fun while we were gone!  Anna, who came to stay with them, is a total sweetheart and the kids just loved her.  After she left, yesterday, Sam sat at the window and cried for about 20 minutes.  He loves Anna!

I need to catch up my December album.  I have the pictures, I just need to scrap them and then I'll post them!

Here is our template for today. 

link expired

2 comments:

sherry said...

Yes 1st Xmas together is special!! Glad you had a nice get away even if it wasn't far!! Give Sam an extra hug for us.

Demetria said...

thanks these are awesome... will there be a #3 & #4??

Thanks again.
Demetria