Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas 2001

I know I have a lot of pictures of this Christmas, but for the life of me, I can't find them!  I need to look harder and get them scanned in and scrapped!

This Christmas was a fun one!  My baby girl had made her entrance in early April, right before Easter, so she was around 9 months for Christmas!  She was so cute!  In September, my hubby had started law school, so in October, we sold our home and moved into a tiny apartment to save money.  It was hard and we missed our friends so much!  But we made the most of it!

My kids were still to young to be the ones to wake up early and see what Santa brought them, so I would be the one (usually before 6) that would go wake them up, because I couldn't wait any longer!!  It was fun getting to see their reaction, for the first time, as they came out of their room!

Chipper got a Harry Potter castle (that was the year the first movie had come out and we were all hooked!), Mitchell got a FisherPrice Little People city.  He LOVED little people at that age!  And Abby got the Little People doll house!

It's so fun to relive each of these years, one by one and remember how young they all were!  Yesterday was a really fun and busy day.  We had church in the morning and then our main dinner and rested for awhile.  After that, we made our ugly Christmas sweaters (Which turned out awesome) and then went to a friend's house for dessert and games!  We had a blast doing that!  After we left there (about 9 pm) we drove around and looked at some pretty amazing Christmas lights and listened to music!  It was the perfect end to the evening!

I also have another layout to share!  This is one of my favorite pictures of Sam:

I used "Snowy Tales" by Down This Road Designs:



And I used a couple of pieces from my holiday bundle to create the layout!  I love using this bundle because I can create so many different looks!




For today's freebie, I thought I would post another recipe card!   One of these days, I'll actually use these and make the family recipe book I have planned out in my head!  But for now, I'll just share them with all of you!

link expired

1 comment:

kathyc said...

I do digital recipe cards all the time..thanks so much for the new template to add to my stash! :)