Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gratitude for the little moments

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."

I love this quote!  I really do believe that it is the little moments of the every day that we will remember as the most significant moments!  This is one of the reasons that I love to scrap about the every day!  I hope that these templates are helping you to do the same!

Yesterday was a really good day.  I took care of my two nephews, one is 3 and the other is 9 months old.  It was the first time in a very long time that I've babysat for the whole day.  I'll be perfectly honest in that this sort of thing has scared me to death!  Eversince Sam was little between his constant illnesses that put us in and out of the hospital and then his various developmental delays, I had all I could handle.  Taking on extra kids, for more than an hour or two, was way out of my comfort zone!  Add to that a pregnancy, a new baby, post partum, as well as the health problems I've been dealing with over the past few years and well, it was all I could do to get through the day.  I'll be honest, I wasn't enjoying too many of those little moments, back then!

But, with my improved health and things going so much better with Sam, I felt ready to take this on! I'm so glad I did!  It was wonderful.  Sure, it was a little extra work, but really not too bad!  It helped that they are such sweet kids!  And it was a blast watching my kids interact with their cousins.  I loved every minute of it!  I can't wait for next monday when I will have them again!

Today's template is a lot of fun because of the split photos in opposite corners!  I hope you enjoy it!


link expired

 Today's Prompt:  What friend am I grateful for?

3 comments:

TheOkieToothfairy said...

I just found your blog and I LOVE your templates! Thank you so much!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you have had your hands full! Thanks for taking the time to share these wonderful templates!