Monday, November 28, 2011

3 Grateful Items

I mentioned in yesterday's post how much I have come to realize how much grateful I need to learn to be.  This is going to be one of my main goals for 2012.  In order to do this, my goal is to write down, each day, 3 things I am grateful for that day.  I am excited to try this and see the changes it will bring.  It will be nice to focus more on living in the moment and being grateful for each thing, rather than worrying about what I don't have or wish I had!

I hope you will all do this with me!  I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences!

Yesterday was a pretty good day.  I already mentioned how nice church was and how much I got out of it.  After church, we had another turkey dinner.  I just love buying cheap turkeys at this time of year!  Chipper and Noah are sick again.  They can't seem to knock this cold completely and for Chipper I'm afraid it has turned into a pretty nasty sinus infection.  I hate that he is going to miss more school.

Template for today:

link expired

Today's Prompt:  Set a goal to end each day with writing down 3 things from that day you
are thankful for and journal your goal.  Try to do this for a year-until next November.

6 comments:

Helene Bahnman said...

Thanks for today's prompt and template.
I am grateful for being a child of God, who has given me life today, that the storm is past.

Melanie said...

I've done this! It really does make you notice all the little things you're grateful for. I need to do it again this year. Thanks for the reminder. :)

snickels said...

I just got a new journal and thought...another journal that will sit mostly empty. But I like your idea of writing down just 3 things to be grateful for each day. I'm going to give it try!

VJ said...

Ramona, I have just finished reading your blog for the end of September and all of October and am amazed at much energy you have!! You make me tired just reading it, rofl. I am becoming a huge fan of your templates and even though I hadn't started my gratitude journal, I plan to work on it for December. I feel blessed as it is for all the Good Lord has shown me, but often times forget that the little things are truly blessings themselves. So am looking forward to doing this. Thank you for all your inspiration and your talents in the scrapbooking world! Hugs, Vicki aka ShadowWings and VJ

lizanne said...

Your gratitude templates have been absolutely gorgeous & I can't wait to try scrapping with them! Thank you so much!

snickels said...

Wanted to come back...two months later...to let you know that this has really been wonderful for me. I did start doing just 3 things each day (and I don't beat myself up when I miss a day). But it has really helped me look back on my day to see where I've been blessed or in the moment I say "this is something to be thankful for". Thanks for inspiring me to do this!