Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

For anyone who celebrated Halloween today, I hope you had a safe and wonderful day.  And for those who are buried in feet of snow in the northeast, I hope there was some semblance of Halloween and fun in your day!

Today was busy but good.  I started out the day by taking Sam to the dentist to have 2 cavities filled. While he was doing that, I ran to Target to grab a few last minute items for Abby's party.  On the way home, we stopped and picked up the labels I had had printed for the drinks.  I took Sam and Olivia to school and John and I went to Sizzler for lunch.  It is a simple lunch, but one of the few places I can eat out safely.  I always get a steak with either cooked broccoli or mashed sweet potatoes.

After lunch, I finished the preparations and headed out for the school.  Abby's class is wonderful. There were 30 5th graders and I was impressed with what great kids they all were!  We had a fun party! Afterwards, we came home and got things ready for dinner.  I made pizza, two different kinds.  I did a gluten free one for the kids, but Mitchell did all the work on the crust and it turned out fabulous.  For me, I made a cauliflower pizza crust which I have come to really love!  It's simple, only three ingredients and carb free.  It has grated cauliflower, grated mozzarella cheese and 1 egg.  Crazy to think those three things can turn into a pizza crust!

Before I knew it, it was time to get costumes on and head out trick or treating.  Abby was sweet enough to stay behind and hand out candy while John and I took the little ones out.  They had a blast and were so cute, going from  house to house!

It was a great evening!  I even have a few pictures to share!

Here we are in our Angry Bird glory:

Sam loved wearing his costume all day!  This whole costume thing was inspired by him and his love of angry birds, but I wasn't sure if he would really wear his costume or not.  Oh, but he did!  He wore it at the dentist office, he wore it all day at school and I'm surprised he didn't try to sleep in it!

For the freebie tonight, as promised, I have the template for November's desktop! I hope you enjoy it!  Be sure to be here tomorrow night for our first template and journaling prompt! It's going to be awesome!

link expired


No comments: